03-12-2023, 11:16 PM
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2023, 11:18 PM by kattefjaes.)
I've been trying to enlighten myself with the manual, but this is making my face hurt. It's possible that I'm better off asking here, so here goes nothing..
OK, quantisation.. is there a way to non-destructively quantise notes in a pattern to a scale as they're played? It looks like if I manually set up all the allowed notes in a scale in a table and did something with transpose, it might do it.. but that feels like the wrong approach because it's incredibly fiddly. What am I missing?
Is it possible to select a scale and have Nerdseq quantise to that on playback? On record? Does anyone know of good tutorials for this, as searching for "quantise" or "quantize" in the manual isn't leaving me any the wiser. I'm used to being able to select a scale/key for a pattern/track and for notes to be conformed to it- which is really handy for not just lazily staying in key, but manufacturing variation easily.
I'm fairly sure that all of this will be possible as Nerdseq is full of chocolatey goodness, but I just haven't worked it out yet. Please be gentle!
OK, quantisation.. is there a way to non-destructively quantise notes in a pattern to a scale as they're played? It looks like if I manually set up all the allowed notes in a scale in a table and did something with transpose, it might do it.. but that feels like the wrong approach because it's incredibly fiddly. What am I missing?
Is it possible to select a scale and have Nerdseq quantise to that on playback? On record? Does anyone know of good tutorials for this, as searching for "quantise" or "quantize" in the manual isn't leaving me any the wiser. I'm used to being able to select a scale/key for a pattern/track and for notes to be conformed to it- which is really handy for not just lazily staying in key, but manufacturing variation easily.
I'm fairly sure that all of this will be possible as Nerdseq is full of chocolatey goodness, but I just haven't worked it out yet. Please be gentle!

