(08-17-2020, 11:36 AM)Cedre Wrote: Hi
Would it be possible to set the Gate/trigger length in time division (1/4 1/8 1/16 1/32 1/64) and not only in ms.
Thanks
Cedre
+1
(07-08-2021, 05:34 AM)XORadmin Wrote:I was looking for a similar idea on how best to set gates instead of triggers. I see you idea, but I'm not sure what the difference using a Table, and simply setting FE > 00 in the trigger column in the first place. Isn't it the same thing?(07-08-2021, 12:33 AM)geremy Wrote: Apologies for the dumb question but I'm not sure how to manipulate gate length in time divisions with a table. I have read the manual, and I understand the use of tables for ratcheting, but not how to manipulate the gate length as a percentage of single step time. I assume it has to do with the speed setting? I'm not talking about multiple trigs per step, but the simple length of the single gate played on each step. Thanks!
Without tables you can use the E0 and E1 trigger commands, there you get 1 full steplength for E0 and half a steplength for E1.
With a table, use Speed 1 and a one shot so with each tick the table is progressing.
Then Set a Trig of FE in the first step to set the gate.
Now set a Trig 00 on another step. See these then as a 1/6 time of a step.
Lets say you want to have a 2/6th gatelengh then you would use this:
00 TRIG FE
01 ----
02 TRIG 00
A 5/6 gatelength would be:
00 TRIG FE
01 ----
02 ----
03 ----
04 ----
05 TRIG 00
You could create more odd divisions of course. For ratcheting you could better use the ratcheting functions these days. But that is also possible with a table. (easiest is to use the table presets for doubles or triplets)
At the present I'm opting for setting the automatic gate option in the setup menu, and using 00 to switch it off. And, if just a short trigger is needed, naturally a 40 (or whatever) does the job.
Is there a better, or more logical way of working with gates?

