(09-09-2021, 02:19 PM)mgd Wrote: Changing existing shortcuts is always hard on those used to the (then) old shortcuts. IMO that should not happen unless there is very good reason.
Yeah for sure, but double tapping does fall in line with the current START/STOP implementation, whereas adding shift to the equation would just do the same thing but for all of them.
I'd like this addition, but if it messes with anything else then ofc there are workarounds (I was trying to find this very shortcut just yesterday!)
tapping PLAY: plays that pattern next
double tapping PLAY: plays that pattern directly
tapping STOP: stops that pattern next
double tapping STOP: stops that pattern directly
pressing SHIFT+PLAY: plays all patterns next
pressing SHIFT+double PLAY: plays all patterns immediately
pressing SHIFT+STOP: stops all patterns next
pressing SHIFT+double STOP: stops all patterns immediately
Is there something that would collide with this? There might be some functionality I'm not aware of as well that covers this in different ways.

