12-09-2023, 08:42 AM
(12-09-2023, 07:30 AM)kriskeyman Wrote: I seem to be getting an unfortunate buzzing computer noise when using the Device USB connection on Multi-IO. Using the MiDI expander before, never had this issue. I can work around this by using the TRS MIDI on the Multi-IO expander, which has no issue. But what would cause this? I’d prefer to use Device USB connection.
I’ve also tried different USB cables and the issue occurs with all.
That is a classic problem with all kind of USB gear and computers creating ground loops and it depends on your configuration, power distribution and many other cases.
You just google for ‘usb ground loop audio’ and will find tons of information about it and possible solutions.
Midi is different as the ports are opto-isolated.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!

