(03-09-2026, 02:01 PM)philosopherstone Wrote: As I've newly acquired the Nerdseq, I'm not sure if this bug is on the v3.0 firmware as well, but here goes:
I'm aware that Modular tracks can't share the same patterns as Sample tracks, however. If a pattern is created in on a Sample track and then deleted, it is still impossible to add that same pattern number afterwards to a Modular track. It simply jumps over that pattern number to a new one.
Is this a known bug or is it suppose to behave like this for some reason?
Edit: First post here btw, Howdy!
No bug. But happens is you create a Audio (or any other tracktype) pattern. The patternnumber is locked to the tracktype then. When you delete it then it is only deleted from the sequencer screen arrangement but the pattern still exists (and can be used for other rows in an audio track).
To 'release' patterns again then they must not be any of the pattern number in the sequencer arrangement anymore. With SETUP->Compact sequencer all unused patterns will be released again and are available to be newly created for any tracktype.
Check for more info on page 21 (and some other places) in the manual.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before. Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
(03-09-2026, 02:01 PM)philosopherstone Wrote: As I've newly acquired the Nerdseq, I'm not sure if this bug is on the v3.0 firmware as well, but here goes:
I'm aware that Modular tracks can't share the same patterns as Sample tracks, however. If a pattern is created in on a Sample track and then deleted, it is still impossible to add that same pattern number afterwards to a Modular track. It simply jumps over that pattern number to a new one.
Is this a known bug or is it suppose to behave like this for some reason?
Edit: First post here btw, Howdy!
No bug. But happens is you create a Audio (or any other tracktype) pattern. The patternnumber is locked to the tracktype then. When you delete it then it is only deleted from the sequencer screen arrangement but the pattern still exists (and can be used for other rows in an audio track).
To 'release' patterns again then they must not be any of the pattern number in the sequencer arrangement anymore. With SETUP->Compact sequencer all unused patterns will be released again and are available to be newly created for any tracktype.
Check for more info on page 21 (and some other places) in the manual.
Thank you for the swift reply and explanation! I’m still learning and digging through the manual and tutorials. I actually got two Nerdseqs, one for drums and one for melody, couldn’t resist once I played around with the first one for a few days. The second one replaced my Metron and I’m super happy with the decision.
(03-03-2026, 01:32 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: I really love the NerdScope, it's such a responsive scope with a lot of functions and even tho it's hidden in a menu I think it really takes the nerdseq into a lot of other categories and pls keep it inspired as usual, such a great unit. would it be possible to deform the scope into a chromatic tuner with 4 Inputs simultaneously? )
The scope is only simple sidekick and will most probably not be updated in any way but stays as it is. They are proper scope modules for these things and I don't want to interfere with these in any way.
As for the request, this is impossible for several reasons:
- The 'sample' rate of the scope is theoretically a maximum of 1 millisecond because that is the handling frequency (1 kHz) that the mapping does offer and the mappingis the only source for the scope.
- CV inputs are not bi-directional but expect an input of 0-10 Volt. Oscillators are bipolar.
- Sampling of the CV inputs is also 1 kHz which makes it unusable for any audio signals
ah yes, I see. ok cool, I do like it as it is by now aswell, the option to follow a pattern is great and it’s really responsive ? the looping options on the other side are extremely nice! btw. is it possible to use an external computer keyboard for polyphonic input? I would like to try that as I do like the shortcuts I think. otherwise it’s impossible to say that the ones with a nerdseq won‘t appreciate your work. it’s a pleasure to have discover new options for us to do really intelligent things with, that effort can we feel in operating the nerdseq because it’s its own digital/analog environment with an OS only provided by your creativity
(03-03-2026, 01:32 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: I really love the NerdScope, it's such a responsive scope with a lot of functions and even tho it's hidden in a menu I think it really takes the nerdseq into a lot of other categories and pls keep it inspired as usual, such a great unit. would it be possible to deform the scope into a chromatic tuner with 4 Inputs simultaneously? )
The scope is only simple sidekick and will most probably not be updated in any way but stays as it is. They are proper scope modules for these things and I don't want to interfere with these in any way.
As for the request, this is impossible for several reasons:
- The 'sample' rate of the scope is theoretically a maximum of 1 millisecond because that is the handling frequency (1 kHz) that the mapping does offer and the mappingis the only source for the scope.
- CV inputs are not bi-directional but expect an input of 0-10 Volt. Oscillators are bipolar.
- Sampling of the CV inputs is also 1 kHz which makes it unusable for any audio signals
ah yes, I see. ok cool, I do like it as it is by now aswell, the option to follow a pattern is great and it’s really responsive ? the looping options on the other side are extremely nice! btw. is it possible to use an external computer keyboard for polyphonic input? I would like to try that as I do like the shortcuts I think. otherwise it’s impossible to say that the ones with a nerdseq won‘t appreciate your work. it’s a pleasure to have discover new options for us to do really intelligent things with, that effort can we feel in operating the nerdseq because it’s its own digital/analog environment with an OS only provided by your creativity
If you got the video expander then you can use a USB PC-Keyboard and also for polyphonic input as much as your keyboard allows it.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before. Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
I haven’t used any of the things with bug fixes much, but I can say the copy/paste of colours in the sequencer is awesome and super useful for me. Thanks!!
(03-12-2026, 01:12 AM)rubberband Wrote: I haven’t used any of the things with bug fixes much, but I can say the copy/paste of colours in the sequencer is awesome and super useful for me. Thanks!!
Did you test the midi-thru firmware that I sent to you?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before. Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
(03-12-2026, 01:12 AM)rubberband Wrote: I haven’t used any of the things with bug fixes much, but I can say the copy/paste of colours in the sequencer is awesome and super useful for me. Thanks!!
Did you test the midi-thru firmware that I sent to you?
No, not yet - I appreciate the custom FW for sure. I also returned the MIDI-CV module I needed it for an replaced it with an Eowave module that doesn't use sysex. I will give it a shot with a different module though and will confirm if it works for you. I bet there's others who could use it. I'll try it and report back asap.
03-13-2026, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2026, 11:51 AM by ianski.)
BUG - MIDI note output stopping when using scales...
Play back MIDI notes from a MIDI assigned track with any scale = working fine as expected.
Live input MIDI notes on that track working fine in GLOBAL-AVOID-CHROMATIC scales.
If any other scale is used, there will either be no notes sent, or the first few and odd notes across a number of octaves.
Usually going back to chromatic will bring all the notes back as normal, but sometimes its impossible and requires a reboot.
This happens on all channels, but only affects the channel you are using at the time. Other channels still work as normal (unless you uses scales on them!)
There are no lights on the Multi-IO to indicate MIDI note out either when this happens.
It seemed worse on Track 8, but affects all tracks similarly.
MIDI data other than notes is still output as normal (such as pressure).
This happens with both Track scales and Global scales.
(03-13-2026, 11:49 AM)ianski Wrote: BUG - MIDI note output stopping when using scales...
Play back MIDI notes from a MIDI assigned track with any scale = working fine as expected.
Live input MIDI notes on that track working fine in GLOBAL-AVOID-CHROMATIC scales.
If any other scale is used, there will either be no notes sent, or the first few and odd notes across a number of octaves.
Usually going back to chromatic will bring all the notes back as normal, but sometimes its impossible and requires a reboot.
This happens on all channels, but only affects the channel you are using at the time. Other channels still work as normal (unless you uses scales on them!)
There are no lights on the Multi-IO to indicate MIDI note out either when this happens.
It seemed worse on Track 8, but affects all tracks similarly.
MIDI data other than notes is still output as normal (such as pressure).
This happens with both Track scales and Global scales.
Can you share the project file, midi settings, possible note offset info etc?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before. Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!
(03-13-2026, 11:49 AM)ianski Wrote: BUG - MIDI note output stopping when using scales...
Play back MIDI notes from a MIDI assigned track with any scale = working fine as expected.
Live input MIDI notes on that track working fine in GLOBAL-AVOID-CHROMATIC scales.
If any other scale is used, there will either be no notes sent, or the first few and odd notes across a number of octaves.
Usually going back to chromatic will bring all the notes back as normal, but sometimes its impossible and requires a reboot.
This happens on all channels, but only affects the channel you are using at the time. Other channels still work as normal (unless you uses scales on them!)
There are no lights on the Multi-IO to indicate MIDI note out either when this happens.
It seemed worse on Track 8, but affects all tracks similarly.
MIDI data other than notes is still output as normal (such as pressure).
This happens with both Track scales and Global scales.
Can you share the project file, midi settings, possible note offset info etc?
Here we are, sorry I forgot.
I'm using MIDI input from a Launchpad Pro (note mode) on various channels via the TRS port, routed to various MIDI channels on the MIDI tracks then sending them out to the DEVICE port.
I've avoided using channels 1~4 just in case it interferes with the Launchpad integration, so all my routings are INPUT 9~Track 1, INPUT 10~Track 2, INPUT 11~Track 3 etc.)
I've tried Tracks 1,7 & 8, and various different MIDI channels, and its always same behaviour when using any different scale.
Its the same behaviour regardless if the MIDI notes are set to input or record to the MIDI tracks.
If I select the HOST port out instead of the DEVICE port, I still have no note information on the Multi-IO lights.
No note offset or any kind of effects used other than break to make a shorter loop.
Everything works perfectly - any combination of MIDI notes/channels/tracks until I try to use an alternative scale, then the problems happen. I can hammer as many MIDI notes as I want in chromatic mode and its always worked fine.
I am only using one of the columns on the MIDI track to input & record to (so just the base channel for that track).
The problems happen if the sequencer is playing or not.
In this project I was trying to use a scale on Track 8 - there is some other data on Track 7 (just a C-1 note playing a kick drum) so you can ignore that. As mentioned though the issue happens on any track that is set to MIDI.