10-07-2026, 03:20 AM
Hello World,
I am exploring training Claude to be able to modify and build NerdSeq files for me. Eventually, I would like this to be a Claude Skill, but we are still in the learning phase. More than anything, I am posting here to see if anyone else is doing this too - and to try to enlist others to my cause.
My process thus far has been to write into an existing .NRD file. Make a single change and save. Take a photo of the screen. Feed the newly saved .NRD and photo back to Claude - which maps the changed value on screen to the changed bit in the .NRD file. The more it has learned, the more I have been able to make multiple changes at a time. I just made my first semi-complex file, and just starting to add FX. But I have in no way mapped all values or features at this time. I am breaking the information down into two main markdown files:
1. explaining how a single pattern is structured
2. explaining how a project file is structured
There is a strange checksum value at the end of the show file that is really tripping Claude up as well. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Uploaded here is the .NRD file that I recently made. It is by no means a musical masterpiece - mainly a demostration of allowing claude to quickly generate a semi-cohesive files based on a few inputs. Please note this was made using v2.01 firmware.
Markdown files are not support to attach to forum so I changed them to .DOCX files. I also made a very short "musical context" file for myself which gave a lot of input on how Claude should translate NerdSeq outputs into a musical language, as well as my personal tastes, writing style, preferences, a link to my Modular Grid and much more. I am not sharing this file directly, mostly because you should build your own! (which I am more than happy to walk anyone through)
Well - please let me know what you all think and if anyone wants to help build weird stuff using Claude.
Onwards!
Sam
I am exploring training Claude to be able to modify and build NerdSeq files for me. Eventually, I would like this to be a Claude Skill, but we are still in the learning phase. More than anything, I am posting here to see if anyone else is doing this too - and to try to enlist others to my cause.
My process thus far has been to write into an existing .NRD file. Make a single change and save. Take a photo of the screen. Feed the newly saved .NRD and photo back to Claude - which maps the changed value on screen to the changed bit in the .NRD file. The more it has learned, the more I have been able to make multiple changes at a time. I just made my first semi-complex file, and just starting to add FX. But I have in no way mapped all values or features at this time. I am breaking the information down into two main markdown files:
1. explaining how a single pattern is structured
2. explaining how a project file is structured
There is a strange checksum value at the end of the show file that is really tripping Claude up as well. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Uploaded here is the .NRD file that I recently made. It is by no means a musical masterpiece - mainly a demostration of allowing claude to quickly generate a semi-cohesive files based on a few inputs. Please note this was made using v2.01 firmware.
Markdown files are not support to attach to forum so I changed them to .DOCX files. I also made a very short "musical context" file for myself which gave a lot of input on how Claude should translate NerdSeq outputs into a musical language, as well as my personal tastes, writing style, preferences, a link to my Modular Grid and much more. I am not sharing this file directly, mostly because you should build your own! (which I am more than happy to walk anyone through)
Well - please let me know what you all think and if anyone wants to help build weird stuff using Claude.
Onwards!
Sam

