Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Start/Reset question
#1
I want the NerdSeq to also start the Pam's New Workout. Currently the reset out only stops it, maybe this is possible already and I don't know how. Anyone help me here?
Reply
#2
It depends on your settings.
If you use modular clock, then pamela should start with the NerdSEQ. With modular clock there is no start signal, so slaves start when the clock appear and reset to the first step on a reset signal.

If you set both to sync24, then the story is different. Pamela should start then as the reset port is used as the run signal which is set when the nerdseq starts and reset when it stops.

So i think it's only about settings here.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#3
(04-12-2019, 08:26 PM)XORadmin Wrote: It depends on your settings.
If you use modular clock, then pamela should start with the NerdSEQ. With modular clock there is no start signal, so slaves start when the clock appear and reset to the first step on a reset signal.

If you set both to sync24, then the story is different. Pamela should start then as the reset port is used as the run signal which is set when the nerdseq starts and reset when it stops.

So i think it's only about settings here.

Yup, fixed it. Was a Pam's thing. Thanks!
Reply
#4
Hi guys, I have a basic question about start/clock and don't wanna start another thread.

Basically, I have the clock output of Nerdseq going into the clock input of Numeric Repetitor, which is generating a simple 4/4 pattern for the kick. Then in the Nerdseq I create a standard offbeat 1/8th note pattern for the hi hat. But when I launch the hi hat pattern, the hats are playing on the same steps as the kick instead of on the offbeat. I try the 'resync all tracks' function but nothing changes. Then when I shift+stop the whole thing and shift start the whole row the timing is correct again.

I'm sure I'm missing out on some basic knowledge about clocking. I'd really appreciate it if someone can explain it to me. Many thanks in advance!
Reply
#5
(05-14-2019, 02:41 AM)phantommovement Wrote: Hi guys, I have a basic question about start/clock and don't wanna start another thread.

Basically, I have the clock output of Nerdseq going into the clock input of Numeric Repetitor, which is generating a simple 4/4 pattern for the kick. Then in the Nerdseq I create a standard offbeat 1/8th note pattern for the hi hat. But when I launch the hi hat pattern, the hats are playing on the same steps as the kick instead of on the offbeat. I try the 'resync all tracks' function but nothing changes. Then when I shift+stop the whole thing and shift start the whole row the timing is correct again.

I'm sure I'm missing out on some basic knowledge about clocking. I'd really appreciate it if someone can explain it to me. Many thanks in advance!

It looks like you don't have the reset signal connected to the numeric repetitor and so it never resets after a SHIFT+STOP.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)