Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sega controllers?
#41
I can also confirm Retro-bit controller working.
Reply
#42
(11-07-2020, 07:44 PM)Johnny Wrote: I can also confirm Retro-bit controller working
The retro-bit seems to be covered for now.

Any people who use other controllers?
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply
#43
I've been using an 8BitDo modded Super Nintendo controller with a 8BitDo megadrive receiver, seems to work well!
Reply
#44
Hello, anybody tried with the wireless 8 buttons retro-bit controller?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Retro-Bit-Offic...QSZ8PGP09K
Reply
#45
I haven't used that set specifically but if I'd hazard a guess (and at your own risk) I'd think it'll work. I've been using a similar adapter from 8BitDo ( https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-ge...ega-drive/ ), which seems to work with most controllers I throw at it. The 8BitDo adapter even lets me use a PS4 controller with the NerdSEQ!
Reply
#46
(12-04-2020, 10:33 AM)Demure Wrote: I haven't used that set specifically but if I'd hazard a guess (and at your own risk) I'd think it'll work. I've been using a similar adapter from 8BitDo ( https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-ge...ega-drive/ ), which seems to work with most controllers I throw at it. The 8BitDo adapter even lets me use a PS4 controller with the NerdSEQ!

This is really cool! Would you say it's faster and/or better in any way to use the controller or is it more like a performance thing?
I'm not too fancy about getting another controller but if its nice to use on nerdseq and I can use the controllers I already have (ps. xbox) then I might give it a go.
Reply
#47
(12-04-2020, 10:33 AM)Demure Wrote: I haven't used that set specifically but if I'd hazard a guess (and at your own risk) I'd think it'll work. I've been using a similar adapter from 8BitDo ( https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-ge...ega-drive/ ), which seems to work with most controllers I throw at it. The 8BitDo adapter even lets me use a PS4 controller with the NerdSEQ!

 Ok thanks, finally i went for the cable version, mainly because i seen the mode button is not mapped to the shoulder buttons but to select, and because it seems that we have to pair the gamepad every time we plug the nerdseq?

 Did you manage to map the buttons to the soulders buttons with differents controllers? Can you tell us also how do you pair the gamepad?(i was thinking to burry the i/o adapter inside the case with the receiver but if we need to access it to pair, it might be a problem...)
Reply
#48
(12-05-2020, 04:37 PM)Bleep bleep Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 10:33 AM)Demure Wrote: I haven't used that set specifically but if I'd hazard a guess (and at your own risk) I'd think it'll work. I've been using a similar adapter from 8BitDo ( https://www.8bitdo.com/retro-receiver-ge...ega-drive/ ), which seems to work with most controllers I throw at it. The 8BitDo adapter even lets me use a PS4 controller with the NerdSEQ!

 Ok thanks, finally i went for the cable version, mainly because i seen the mode button is not mapped to the shoulder buttons but to select, and because it seems that we have to pair the gamepad every time we plug the nerdseq?

 Did you manage to map the buttons to the soulders buttons with differents controllers? Can you tell us also how do you pair the gamepad?(i was thinking to burry the i/o adapter inside the case with the receiver but if we need to access it to pair, it might be a problem...)

With the new firmware you should be able to configure most buttons on the controller to any function you want, so this is not necessary. I just turn on the Nerdseq and the controller and they instantly find each other, the Nerdseq doesn't actually deal with the wireless signal, it just feeds power to the dongle which is paired to the controller already I believe.

I've had no problems mapping the shoulder buttons on the SNES pad I have, don't think you can use double shoulderpads like on a PS4 controller. Similarly I've also been thinking of mounting the MIDI expander internally with the receiver, then having a 2hp midi TRS module or similar. Smile If you know you can send it back and open the package carefully you could always try the wireless option, it definitely feels fun to be able to access it from wherever I am, especially with the video output module (probs) coming next year!
Reply
#49
Great, good to know its working nicely for you (wireless controler for eurorack is luxury Big Grin )! 

For me its not so good as im having issues finally with the wired retro-bit 6 buttons controller Sad
It seems like the NerdSeq dont recognise x,y,z and mode buttons...

All the others buttons are working normally.
Reply
#50
(12-07-2020, 05:16 AM)Bleep bleep Wrote: (read above)

I'm having the same issue with the retro-bit controller--x/y/z/mode buttons are not being recognized by the NerdSeq. 
I just ordered a used sega 1653 to see how that works. I'm super excited about the custom mapping!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)