Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Interpolation
#11
(12-06-2017, 05:18 PM)Odan Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 03:47 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Can you explain a bit more please. I don't know what you are talking about.

Kind of like this:

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Advanc...ing_Values

The processing seems pretty like it might be pretty rough to include Lin, Log, and Exp interpolation (though I have no idea how much power there is to spare).

Which one would you prefer to be included, if we have to choose?  Personally, Linear is what I'd expect if there were no choices.
Reply
#12
(12-30-2019, 11:26 PM)circuit23 Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 05:18 PM)Odan Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 03:47 PM)XORadmin Wrote: Can you explain a bit more please. I don't know what you are talking about.

Kind of like this:

http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Advanc...ing_Values

The processing seems pretty like it might be pretty rough to include Lin, Log, and Exp interpolation (though I have no idea how much power there is to spare).

Which one would you prefer to be included, if we have to choose?  Personally, Linear is what I'd expect if there were no choices.

Don't worry circuit23, the interpolation will be during pattern editing, and (I think?) only for step values, so cpu load should not be significant - not the same as processing math heavy stuff at audio rates. Linear is super cheap. Log and exp can be faked/approximated/optimised in various ways. e.g. A calculation to generate a step coefficient, which is then applied per step with just a multiplication. Due to this being needed over a limited number of possible ranges (2 steps min to 63 steps max), there could be a small table containing all the required coefficients all ready to go. probably unnecessary though - calculating the coefficient on the fly might be cheap enough.
Reply
#13
+1 for interpolation (obviously)
Reply
#14
+1 for this
Reply
#15
(02-12-2021, 02:38 PM)topherdavis Wrote: +1 for this

Thomas previously mentioned that the “lookahead” style would be impossible, but I wonder if (what I’ll for the moment call) the “math” FX in the new firmware can get close enough for some number of interpolation’s use cases?
Reply
#16
+1 Autofill interpolation would be awesome! Was super handy feature some of the old trackers had

Would be right at home in the nerd menu
Reply
#17
(02-12-2021, 11:31 PM)depaffect Wrote: +1 Autofill interpolation would be awesome! Was super handy feature some of the old trackers had

Would be right at home in the nerd menu

This is planned already since a long time and will find it's way into a future firmware (offline pattern filling of interpolations in different ways).
For live interpolation the 'math' FX should probably cover many needs already with the coming firmware.

"Was super handy feature some of the old trackers had" --> hehe, well actually only very few trackers had   Big Grin
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)