Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Copy/Paste only steps that have a value?
#1
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and only have my Nerdseq for a few days. I've been watching lots of videos on the Nerdseq and been reading through the manual before I made the purchase, so luckily I found my way around really quickly once it was here.

While composing I was trying to find a way to copy values from one pattern to the next without empty steps from the original pattern overwriting steps that have values in the pattern I want to copy into.

Suppose these are my two patterns:

Code:
P1 | P2
   |
C  | E
-- | G
D  | F
-- | A

I want to copy P1 into P2 so that after P2 should look like this, ignoring the blank values from P1:

Code:
P2

C
G
D
A

Is this possible with some button combo or setting I haven't found yet? I've already tried to find an answer on the forum or elsewhere online, but without luck.

Sorry to bother with a newbie question and thanks for any help!
Reply
#2
(01-29-2023, 11:03 AM)lightbreaker Wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm new here and only have my Nerdseq for a few days. I've been watching lots of videos on the Nerdseq and been reading through the manual before I made the purchase, so luckily I found my way around really quickly once it was here.

While composing I was trying to find a way to copy values from one pattern to the next without empty steps from the original pattern overwriting steps that have values in the pattern I want to copy into.

Suppose these are my two patterns:

Code:
P1 | P2
   |
C  | E
-- | G
D  | F
-- | A

I want to copy P1 into P2 so that after P2 should look like this, ignoring the blank values from P1:

Code:
P2

C
G
D
A

Is this possible with some button combo or setting I haven't found yet? I've already tried to find an answer on the forum or elsewhere online, but without luck.

Sorry to bother with a newbie question and thanks for any help!

You didn‘t find it because there is no such function.
I would name it a merge function and you might want to add a feature request for that. But I see already some pitfalls here since the gating could surely create some unwanted stuff. I also don’t see a possible shortcut for this right now.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)