Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Longer NSA cables guidance needed
#1
Apologies, searching the forum was unsuccessful for me looking for this...

What are the considerations when using longer NSA ribbon cables?
Is there a recommended vendor for cables that are longer than what is supplied?
Reply
#2
I'm using very simple 14 wire cables. I think I got them from Amazon or Reichelt or Mouser or Thonk or 3u-shop.de or who-knows from where. Anything will do. You could also roll your own. Just get 14 wire ribbon cable and some 7x2 plugs and you should be good. It isn't difficult Smile

I'm using 50cm long cables between NSAs and for me that works (no guarantees of course). In general try to be as short as possible.

HTH,
Michael
Reply
#3
I am interested in anyone has used some combination of male to female cables and male to male to make ports on the back of their case and run the expanders in a separate skiff!
Reply
#4
(08-07-2023, 03:56 AM)Cyber_Imp Wrote: I am interested in anyone has used some combination of male to female cables and male to male to make ports on the back of their case and run the expanders in a separate skiff!

I don't see why that shouldn't work.

While I don't use ports in my cases I have my NerdSEQ and the NSAs spread over 3 different cases.

Kind regards,
Michael
Reply
#5
Longer cables mostly work but could also introduce weird side-effects. So do it and if it works well then it is fine. If not then you know it doesn't work well enough. For any issues, look into your cables.
PLEASE use the search function if something have been asked or discussed before.
Every (unnessesary) forum support means less time to develop! But of course, i am here to help!  Smile
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)